Mobile phones are a real data security risk - they are computers and face the same threats. Make sure that you:
- Speak to your phone operator to see if you can prevent jailbreaking (allowing users to get round the security limitations of a phone operating system).
- Keep device operating systems up-to-date with regular updates to protect from malware and viruses.
- Encrypt your devices - losing a phone can cause more damage than malware. Set strong passwords for the device and SIM card.
- Provide a secure cloud-sharing platform for colleagues - otherwise your employees might be tempted to use less secure platforms to share files.
- If you do decide to allow employees to use their own devices, you must establish a bring-your-own-device policy to protect your business and to comply with regulatory requirements. See here for more details from Get Safe Online.